Friday, June 18, 2010

Pickin' Blackberries





Dalton and I had a very busy day yesterday. He is really getting good at entertaining himself with his toys...and the ones he enjoys the most aren't really toys :) (e.g. water bottles, kitchen utensils, etc) So while he played hard I got lots done around the house. We ended our day at the Sorgum Mills Blackberry Patch. Its a really nice blackberry farm just NW of our house. DeLone and I have been going there for a few years now. Since our large amount of rainfall last week the blackberries had grown everywhere! So it was a great time to go. Kristin met us at the farm and we ended up leaving an hour later with 15 lbs of blackberries! What I have pictured is only half of the berries we picked.  I guess we'll be making lots of cobblers and jellies:) So Dalton's first blackberry experience was a good one. Especially since he just got to enjoy the scenery from his stroller :) He is such an easy baby and I'm so thankful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment