Friday, May 27, 2011

The South

Our family recently returned from a trip to Savannah, GA and Charleston, SC. I cannot say enough how in love I am with the true South. My mother-in-law lives in Tennessee and she is who we went to visit. Usually we go visit her in Tennessee, but this time we met in Greenville, SC and from there took a road trip to Savannah and Charleston. Savannah was just the most charming and beautiful town. I loved all of the gigantic Live Oak trees with all the Spanish Moss (which is neither Spanish or moss, I learned) hanging from their endless limbs. The architecture was amazing and the history even more intriguing. I can't wait to go back! Oh and dare I not mention the food! The food was just down my alley. It reminded me of my late grandma's cooking that I still crave today! Greens, black-eyed peas, cobblers, cornbread, fried chicken, and ofcourse sweet tea! Mmmmm....gettin' hungry!

Forsyth Park Fountain-Savannah
Pineapple Fountain - Charleston
Magnolia Plantation- Charleston
The Lady & Sons (Paula Deen's Restaurant)- Chicken Pot Pie



No comments:

Post a Comment